Salmon on the Thorns
David Dalton
2014-03-06 05:12:31 UTC
Here is the Preliminary remarks section of my Salmon on the Thorns
web page http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html :

Preliminary Comments

This Salmon on the Thorns page is an autobiographical account of my
mystic experiences, combined with comparison of those to those of past
figures, plus a list of messages from me. But note that currently my
mental state is better than it was during most of those past
experiences. However I have found patterns in those past experiences
which I have compared to those of some past pagan and non-pagan
religious figures, though much research remains to be done.

The key mystic experiences I have had are five waning crescent highs,
three of which followed 5.5 lunar months after onset of waxing gibbous
moon trials. The first and most intense high of the five culminated in a
naked sun stare, thorn hill climb, and blue rose vision. The first high
occurred early in September, 1991, and the fifth occurred late in August
and early in September, 1994.

Then beginning early in 1996 I entered into what I call low years, low
in terms of creativity, at times in terms of mild depression, at times
in terms of delusion and even paranoia. For past figures such low years
seem to have lasted seven years but for me they have lasted 17.614 years
(as of Sept. 10, 2013) so far, I think since I have had the benefit of
modern medicines, and since lifespans are longer today on average. It
could be that my low years will last 18 years (7 years plus an 11 year
sunspot cycle). But on my current medication regimen the low years are
not very low except in terms of creativity.

The three figures I have the most evidence that I am similar to are
Gwion (Taliesin), The Turquoise Bee, and Jesus. That implies that those
three were similar to one another. For Gwion the evidence is of waning
crescent highs, waxing gibbous moon trials, and the 5.5 lunar month
(eight score days) separation between them, and of a period of seven
years of low years. For The Turquoise Bee the evidence so far is of a
blue rose vision (from his name), a thorn hill climb, and a sun stare.
For Jesus the main evidence is that during his baptism the heavens
opened and wings descended as occurred to me during and after my sun
stare, and that there is some association of Mary Magdalene with the
blue rose. So of those three I have the most evidence for Gwion and the
least evidence for Jesus so far, and I am not claiming to be an
incarnation of a deity as Jesus is thought by some to have been (but I
think that Jesus was a man like me).

I discuss other past figures in the parallels in past figures section.
But really all the evidence I have is not enough without my coming out
of the low years into a period of creativity and productivity. That
would be equivalent to the Buddha finding awakening/enlightenment after
seven years of ascetic years or Fionn burning (and sucking) his thumb on
the salmon of wisdom caught by Finn Eces (or Finnegas) after seven years
of trying.

I was raised Catholic but currently am an eclectic neopagan, with
elements of pantheism, panentheism, animism, totemism, shamanism, and
humanism. On my main deities I list my eight main deities, but I am not
pushing those on anyone. However I am pushing the messages on my main
messages and its subpage derived messages which are mostly
non-religious. These are messages from me, to my people (the human
species, globally), and are backed by my similarity to past figures.
"But once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
You gave me everything you had, oh you gave me light" (Sarah McLachlan)
%
fish pricks
Dinsdale
2014-03-06 06:45:17 UTC